Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training course is aimed at all personnel who risk exposure to hydrogen sulphide Contamination at work. The training covers the detection and measurement of the flammable gas, plus the correct emergency response to an H2S leak.
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) training is intended for personnel working in an environment that could become contaminated byH2S gas, such as anyone working in the oilfield or petrochemical industry. This H2S training helps fulfill the training requirements of API Recommended Practice 49, ANSI Z390.1 and other regulatory standards. By completing this course the participants will have gained a comprehensive understanding of the risks and precautions involved with H2S. Items like: gas measuring, detection, actions to be taken etc. will be discussed during the session.
The syllabus focuses on :
• Recognize Hydrogen Sulfide
• Actions to be taken in the event of an alarm
• How H2S is detected and the use of personnel detection equipment
• Measurement of H2S
• Physical properties and characteristics of H2S and where it can be ordinarily found
• Physiological effects of exposure to H2S
• Role of the emergency response teams in an H2S emergency
• Apply engineering controls when working with Hydrogen Sulfide
• Types of respiratory equipment available including escape breathing apparatus and self-contained breathing apparatus